Friday, December 3, 2010

I think I've turned the corner

This morning I woke up and was confident that I'd do well in the markets today. I believed that I would make money today, but more importantly I knew that I would be able to spot the opportunities and execute them, and I was sure that I had the discipline to get out.

Day trading: 8 trades, 6 winners, $30 gross
Forex: 2 trades, 2 winners, $26 or so
Futures: 1 trade, 1 winner, $25

Gross for the day:$80 or so.

I even traded a regular stock today in addition to the SPY: BBY, which I got 6 cents in. I watched it for a while before getting in, and had confidence in the trade.

The 2 minute/10 minute setup is my strategy, at least for now. I don't need to stray from it but instead grow deeper into it and gradually increase my size within that.

Something has clicked. I've strayed from the straight and narrow and paid, time and again. There is this tiny little circle where things work well for me, and if I venture outside that circle I get hacked by spinning blades. My discipline is getting better, I get tempted to try variations but am getting better at doing those as a paper trade, just to see.

It would be great to have a basket of setups and have a sense of the percentage of winners. I would love to know what sort of setups to use on hourly or daily forex or futures, there are such huge numbers there. However, scalping for pennies and a few pips and a point or less is working, and that is a foundation on which to build something.

I think I can do this. I have done it. I am doing it. This is really, really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment