Wednesday, December 15, 2010

down 3.5 pounds in the last month

I went in for my weigh in/med refill this morning, I'm down 3.5 pounds in the last month. That is very solid weight loss, not too fast and steady progress.

230.75 is the new official weight. If I can keep losing weight at even 3 pounds a month I'll be at 200 by my next birthday in September. I want to keep the goals reasonable. 4 pounds a month would be awesome, 3 pounds a month is solid.

The number 200 is important because it would represent a transition in my Body Mass Index (BMI) from medically obese to just overweight. Obese is a sucky word. There are no good connotations to being obese. Its just a label, its just a word, of course, but what it stands for is real. I can't change the word but I can change the underlying reality, which is what I'm working on. At my highest weight, around 280, I was morbidly obese because I was 100 pounds overweight. Talk about a fun pair of words!

Its important to just take every pound as it comes, of course, I've noticed this three pounds, clothes have felt different, my face looks different and my body seems different.

No comments:

Post a Comment