Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I have clown pants now

I've got a couple of XXL pants from Territory Ahead (my favorite clothier) which were the only ones that would fit me when I was much larger, 40 pounds north of here. My XL version was in the wash when I wanted to take a walk today so I put some on, and they are wonderfully huge. My friend that I walk with called them "clown pants", and they are now.

I would never wear them now out to something other than to the park for a walk. Its important that I wear clothes that fit. If I wear things that are too large I get a false sense of progress. Its easy to tell you've lost weight if fat clothes are hanging off you. While I do have a new test shirt that won't fit until I lose more, I don't want to wear clothes that are too tight either. Just clothes that fit. They will naturally display a slimmer me.

I'm not getting the big head here. I have to lose 30 pounds before I'm not medically obese. Still, progress is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment