Monday, October 25, 2010

WTF?

I used to write a lot about Life with a capital L, but then stopped. For a while I thought this was because I didn't have any more things to say -- it had all been internalized. However, I realized it was because I had already written all the words I had about Life with a capital L. I still think about Life with a capital L but I don't have any more written words for it.

This blog is about my journey with two things.

Diabetes:

Some years ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and have been on a journey of food control and weight control. Its currently pretty well under control, with an A1c of less than 7, but I learned about a new compound that is in phase 3 trials, code name JNJ28431754, which had as a 'side effect' weight loss and used a different mechanism for blood sugar control.

Now, of course, with a phase 3 double blind trial you don't actually know whether or not you're getting the test compound or not. In this case there isn't a placebo, they either give you the compound or Glimiperide, a drug already on the market for diabetes. This trial is not to determine effectiveness, its to determine relative effectiveness. While I don't know if I'm getting the active compound what I can state with certainty is that whatever I'm taking has the qualities of a stimulant, including appetite control and lots of energy. I've already lost 3.5 pounds in a month. I'll talk about exercise, food, weight loss, blood sugar, meds, etc.

Day Trading:

After the Great Financial Adventure of 2007 I began to more actively trade stocks, because if I didn't do it no one else would; no one will ever care as much as you about your money. Most of the trading that I did was 'swing' trading, wherein I would hold something for anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, but rarely more than that. Its about capturing short term movements. However, day trading has always been alluring to me as a mountain to climb, so I've starting doing that. I'll talk about that learning process and share it as I go along, with whatever results there are. I'm trading equities, futures and forex. Sometimes I'll hold things overnight but mostly its intraday.

I'm writing about these because I have words for this, its a story that is current and living. I'd like to think that this story will end when I'm thin, have an A1c of 6 and make 6 figures day trading. We'll see how that turns out ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment